Sunday, May 18, 2014

Finding Joy

Yesterday, I noticed I was a little grouchy and rather annoyed with almost everyone that I came upon (family, friends, and strangers in the store).  At first, I thought to myself, "Boy! Everyone sure is in a grumpy mood!"  Then, I realized the common denominator was me.

I was the Grouchy Ladybug (children's book by Eric Carlson).  I was the one that had a sour outlook on everything.  As the conviction took hold of me, I asked God to help me find joy in the moment.  I needed a smile to break my sour mood.

Just the very next moment, God fulfilled my need.  A car rolled past me with the happiest dog sticking his head out of the window.  I don't know what it is about dogs in cars, but they always makes me smile.


And, the rest of the day was great!

He will once again fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy. 
~Job 8:21 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment