Sunday, May 11, 2014

Life Lessons from a Starship Captain

I definitely have a favorite Star Trek Captain, Jean-Luc Picard.  I wrote about Picard in one of my earliest posts: Defeating Oppression.

I recently came upon this article of leadership lessons, and thought I would share.  The writer definitely captured the character traits I loved watching.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2012/03/13/five-leadership-lessons-from-jean-luc-picard/

No where in the series do we understand that Picard is a believer, but if you watched him, you would think we was.  His morality center was iron-clad.  He knew what was right and what was true, and he knew he must enforce those things, no matter the personal cost.

This is the morality standard I want to live by.  There is one God and one Truth.  There is right, and there is wrong.  Picard made mistakes he would regret, just like I do.  However, he did not live each day wavering his beliefs. I hope that I can do the same.  Let my decisions and my actions reflect my beliefs.

For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths. (2 Timothy 4:3, 4 NLT)

Without the foundation of Truth, we waver in our moral decisions. Stay grounded in the Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment