Saturday, May 3, 2014

Dry Bones

Consider the vision of Ezekiel:

He led me all around among the bones that covered the valley floor. They were scattered everywhere across the ground and were completely dried out.

Then he said to me, “Speak a prophetic message to these bones and say, ‘Dry bones, listen to the word of the lord! This is what the Sovereign lord says: Look! I am going to put breath into you and make you live again!

(Ezekiel 37:2, 4 NLT)

The passage further goes on to show how the bones assembled, grew flesh and life was breathed into them, indeed they became a great army.


Sometimes, I feel as dead and dried up and useless as the bones in the desert.  These feelings paralyze me and prevent me from doing the work of the body of Christ.  I find myself sinking deeper into depression and despair.  When I feel overwhelmed, I shut down my feelings, and then there is nothing.  

I need Jesus to breath life into me.  Indeed, I need the Holy Spirit to dwell within me.  This is the only thing in my life that keeps me anchored to life.  I no longer have these moments of paralyzing depression, but I am still at risk to retreat back into a world of nothing.  

Pray for me, that I can remain passionate about the things of God.

2 comments:

  1. My dear Kathy ... Peg and I have been away for two weeks. I'm just now catching up on your posts. With this one, I believe you have voiced the true inward feeling of most of us. I know you speak for me. When I feel this way, I remember the words of an old French monk who said ... "Look for God not elsewhere. Look with-in your heart, for that is where God dwells." Thanks for sharing the honest truth once again.

    Carl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know I am not alone in my feelings.

      Delete