Saturday, February 22, 2014

Liminal Zones

Sometimes, wisdom can be found on Facebook.  This post really stuck with me.


Have you ever found yourself stuck in a crossroads?  Joe's post reminds me of some of the anxiety we feel at this middle age of changes that life brings us.  We remember past events so very clearly, and sometimes wish we were in some of those events that brought us joy.  Other past events bring us an anxiety that keeps us from moving forward.

I really enjoyed Joe's last line, "To recognize the first hints of dawn will always change the way we see in the dark."  This is the illustration of hope.  When life circumstances are keeping you feeling stuck in the crossroads, what can you hope for?

"We are merely moving shadows,
and all our busy rushing ends in nothing.
We heap up wealth,
not knowing who will spend it.

And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
My only hope is in you."
~Psalm 39:6-7 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment