Saturday, March 1, 2014

What's my Identity?

If you are Facebook user, you may have found your newsfeed to be littered with BuzzFeed quiz results.  I have to admit, I have been lured to take several of these quizzes.  I realize they have no meaning, but still, I get a kick out of learning...

What city should I actually live in?
I got Cape Town!


Really?
Or,
What career should I actually have? ~Surgeon (That's nice)
What state do I actually belong in? ~Vermont (hmm, never been there, but I really hate winter)
How about these?
What kind of dog am I? ~Shiba Unu (what's that?)
What Star Wars character am I? ~Darth Vader (Umm, I guess I do have a dark side)
I am addicted to personality quizzes.  I take these quizzes and I find I have no real answer to who I am.  Most of the time, my results are split so evenly, the quiz becomes inconclusive.  I have no real defined personality type or identity according the people who write these quizzes.  Do I believe that?  Not for one second!
I have an identity.  I am a child of God, the one true King.  I have a purpose He gave to me.  I am part of a community of believers who have been charged to love God and love people.  There are days this is difficult for me to do, but this is the bottom truth on which I base my whole outlook on life.  I find ways everyday to return to God, and to show Godly love for others.



"I have loved you even as the Father has loved me.  Remain in my love.  When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father's commandments and remain in his love.  I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy.  Yes, your joy will overflow! This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you.  There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends." ~John 15:9-13 (NLT)

Will you choose your identity in Christ?

1 comment:

  1. One of the personality tests I took was an exploration of the dark side of my personality. The categories were Compulsive, Narcissistic, Paranoid, Co-Dependent and Passive Aggressive. Would you believe narcissism was the least of my issues? I chuckle, since this post seems rather narcissistic to me. Pray for me! :)

    ReplyDelete