Monday, June 3, 2013

Refuge

Psalm 91:1-2 (NLT)

I took a break from superheroes today.  Instead I worked on a geeky project of adding text to a photo that was taken during a pivotal canoe trip with my husband.  It was pivotal trip, because it was during that trip we determined to reconcile our marriage and not divorce.  This photo became symbolic of a place God showed me His shelter and His refuge.

What does it mean to take refuge in the Lord?  Is this a physical place like that beautiful lake picture taken last summer?  Psalm 91 is all about that refuge.  The Lord assures us that if we remain in Him, we will be safe, and that evils will not touch us.  How can it be that we still have bad things happen to us?

It's simple.  While God does protect his people, the promises of refuge and complete safety are still to come.  He gave us (people) free choices and we are living in a world made up of those choices.  Our sanctuary still awaits us.  The best is yet to come.

I cannot wait to see what God has prepared for us in heaven.

2 comments:

  1. Very Interesting... and puzzling all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I look for the simplest answer. I think the world is not right as it is under the domain of the evil one. We are not immune to the pain. We won't be immune until we exit this world. It may be sooner than we think.

      Delete