Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Aftermath

Last night a major storm hit our town, hitting just as I was heading home from an evening board meeting.  I found myself feeling nervous and scared as the rain poured down and lightning was striking all around.  I couldn't see very well, and I just wanted to get home.

The next morning, I saw it.  I saw the aftermath of that powerful storm.  I just had to stop and take pictures of each tree I found along the way back to work.











Life can give us storms that we often feel we cannot withstand.  After the storm, there is damage (sometimes permanent) that we have to clean up and repair.  The healing process can take years.  What could be a solution?  Do we hole up inside?  Do we close our eyes and pretend the storm isn't happening?  No.  We have to weather this.  God promised He would never leave us and never forsake us.  He promised to bring us home.

I'm holding on to this promise.

"What’s more, I am with you, and I will protect you wherever you go. One day I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have finished giving you everything I have promised you." ~‭Genesis‬ ‭28‬:‭15‬ (NLT)

1 comment:

  1. Kathy ... here is an old post from the "KingdomMom" a wonderful teacher of the Word that Peggy follows and usually posts. I think you will like this one from March 2012. Enjoy ...

    http://www.kingdommom.com/2012/03/

    ReplyDelete